Rap Coalition

A HOW-TO RESOURCE FOR RAP ARTISTS, PRODUCERS, & DJs. Since knowledge is power, here is your best defense to succeed in the urban music industry...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Roots’ Black Thought is on the list of DEF JAM artists (Method Man, LL Cool J) who are not exactly elated with how their projects have been handled by Def Jam.

“I’m critical too,” Thought said last week in New York about the company. “I’m critical of Def Jam too and the way it’s run. I’m just trying to fulfill my obligation, work hard and keep it movin’. Sometimes you got too much on your plate: When you should be concentrating, your focus is elsewhere. But I’m no diva about it, you have to be self-sufficient with any label.” Thought says the Roots owe Def Jam one more album.

Quote courtesy of playahata.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home